Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Deer House Cat


I was finishing up the walkabout...reaching the road and Lower Falls stop...and Hawk..the Redtail...flew over and perched in a Deer House oak...I turned left!..and asked a tourist couple..."Did you see the Hawk?"..."Yes!" they answered. "Did you see the Bobcat?"... oh no I I thought and during discussion Bobcat showed up walking to a sunny spot among the dry Bracken Ferns...so we followed...both trying to get pics but not disturb...finally we took up position with the road to our back...and watched Bobcat preen..."What do we do if he comes this way?" they asked...."Stand still." I answered...and that's what I can be heard to say on the clip of Bobcat coming toward us!...the couple had the best view...Bobcat passed within three feet of them...I had to stop filming as Bobcat was going out into on coming traffic..which I was waving at frantically to stop...which they did...and then all clambered out with their cameras!...the paparazzi arrived!...a Bobcat Jam!...Bobcat didn't seem to notice..intent on it's own walkabout...much entertainment and delight for everyone!...this all in the new walkway area of the Lower Falls....meanwhile...meanwhile!...Hawk is going above from oak to oak!...I need two cameras!!...I've been carrying the 3x too...but I need two cameras with long lenses!!...earlier I took pics and clips of Ouzel floating at a good clip down the Merced...and some too of Yellow-rump Warbler and Junco...and some postcards...big clouds going through and little snow showers..."Styrofoam packing snow"....and cold...tonight the wind is making the tree and cabin creak!

No comments: