Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Jumping Deer

After breakfast I walked to the Post Office...didn't take any Creek pics...just some Acorn Woodpecker clips in the Village....went out again after lunch and browsing Amazon online...which I can do for hours and hours!...and walked out to Owl Woods by the Merced and saw the Does over in Chapel Meadow...I've started wearing my winter boots which have high waterproof tops...and with those on I waded across the Merced to where the Deer were...I kinda lost them until one came bounding by...and then the fun began...the Young Buck was there...but it was the Antlered Buck that was causing the excitement...they ran all about and literally all around me...I was next to some Aspens and around them they went...The Does came close by and stood by me...so I guess they think they're safe with me about!...glued toghether these clips will be really neat...in one a Doe comes racing out of the Aspens right at me...and then by...crashing hooves on leaves!...then comes the Antlered Buck...more crashing hooves on leaves!...and then they circle around the tree...which coincidentally had the initials CAD carved into one!...maybe the title of the clips when I finish with them!...could hear Owl in the distance by Chapel Bridge and picked up when the Deer quieted down...got a little clip of Owl sitting and flying off a single tall leafless...just a snag really...tree top...unfortunately...Owl plops...something the Nature photogs dont reveal is the number of plop footage they get!!

A fine evening...warmed up and melted the ice...but snow is said to be coming!

No comments: