Monday, November 29, 2010

Down The Hill



Well, at Last Chance I'm always being asked for 'mochas' when Coffee Corner is closed, so looking at the Menu hereabout, Merced Barnes and Noble, I ordered a 'mocha', and a cream puff...and then I've sat and fiddled until I clicked on the right clickables, and so 'am online through wifi (inside something called 'airport')....this after going to the giant hardware store for two 10/32 bolts with knobs....lost them again for the digi bracket...and this after getting a motel room after the long drive down the hill, and the longer time trying to pack and think through what to take, and a nap...and the Road from the Valley as far as the Drive Through Boulder was 20 mph all the way icy with ranger danger right behind me all the way!...signs said 'chains', but I was rolling, and put Silver in four wheel drive, which I think makes an exception to the chains requirement, and nonetheless I didn't go over twenty, which some unfortunates must have ignored, the chains and going slow, by Gates of the Valley...no injuries, just confused looks and 'now what' expressions--cars stuck in the snowy banks....anyway, tomorrowmorrow, Merced Wildlife Refuge at Dawn...friend happened to be at Happy Burger, going up hill, and we laughed over Road Tales...and I've brought along the newer computer to see if I can post while on the Road....only took two pics this morning...so not much to report...saw Coyote just down hill from Mariposa, which looks pretty with Xmas decorations....oh....maybe I can't upload pics...trying that now, and okay...Snowman looks a bit the way I feel!....note the Snow Cone at the bottom of Upper Falls...this is only November!...oh...for awhile on the down hill, I entertained the thought of driving all night and going hereabout: Crescent City...for sometime...

No comments: