Sunday, November 7, 2010

Rainy Day Deer





Paddled back along the Path to the Cabin after Breakfast...checked the Backyard...quiet, but Fawn resting under the Broadleaf Maple....picked up the tripod from the Cabin, and on the way to the Fawn, sighted Mama Doe under the Three Dogwoods...pics and clips...getting too wet, and about to pick up, when Flicker went to another Dogwood....long distance clip and pic...wanted to get closer, but Mama Doe was thereabout!...tomorrow for sure I try again for Birds in the Dogwoods....rainy day, light rain in the morning, steady rain in the evening...report of snow on the rims..at Lunch: drawing of Sentinel (from Alder Owl picprint)...I've gotten so conditioned to doing the walks at lunch that if I dont do something at lunch, I feel remiss!...so I'll take a picprint along to work, and will sit awhile amidst the hubbub of Last Chance and try to do a rendering...this time pencil...with stump...graphite drawing I guess it should be called...very small...one can almost paint with graphite using stumps, kneeded eraser...and chamois...fingers..anything handy....use sandpaper to turn the pencil lead to powder 'paint'...much fun...31minutes!.... link to hd youtube of rainydaydeer




1 comment:

Unknown said...

David! What a wonderful drawing. I so love your photos, i forget you have other talents. I love owls, and i have really been enjoying your blog lately.
Whoo hoo hoo hooo!