Thursday, January 29, 2015

By Chapel Bridge
















About midway on the Merced's North Bank, between Sentinel Bridge Parking and Chapel Bridge, on the Use Path, there are some Cottonwoods, and one old misshapen snag that goes out over the Water...I sat there and did the watercolor of Chapel Bridge, and sat on the opposite side of the River to paint where I sat!...I started a kinda routine at Palomar, I would do a watercolor scene, and in a corner, a thumbnail of me where I was sitting...I have those in another sketchbook...for sometime...cloudy warm...see yesterday's post for what the following pics are about!...
Miter saw on Miter stand...

Drilled pilot holes so wood wouldn't splinter...

24"x18" newsprint charcoal drawing...

Glazing points...edges aren't screwed down tight yet, as plexi little off
in size with canvas...weather stripping is stuck under plexi along edges...

Forgot to sign drawing, so signed back...


I took thick black yarn and wove it around double, going through the
slots at the corners where miters weren't tight...

Wala!

Contemplating what went wrong what went right (and weeds), while sipping smoothie
from Target...that, and picture frame hangers, put me eight dollars over budget,
if I had stuck to budget...frame is a prototype, I'd say, and there were
cost over runs!
 






























































































































I reached, like I explained yesterday, that point where I didn't have a notion how to put a decorative edge over the weather stripping...I have had many ideas, and got some black yarn from Michaels to possibly use, though I couldn't think how to attach it, setting as it would be on top of the plexi or glass...what I've always wanted to use, is the colorful rope that rock climbers use, for this edge...and looking at the corner slots where I miss judged the miters, (impossible to judge really with the soft cedar bender boards...the miters could never be perfectly tight...tight miters is like the standard for professional framing, and is very very difficult to do as it takes elaborate equipment)...anyway, I was looking at the slots, and thinking of the yarn, and just took the yarn and wove it around a few times, and it makes for a nice decorative look, and covers the weather stripping and glazing points, and makes the corner  miter gap slots look like they serve a purpose!!!...and!...and I can see now, by deliberately using the slots, I can weave that colorful rope around for the between glass and art gap (the glass will rest on this first rope), and then weave another colorful rope, probably large enough to reach up to the cedar wood edge, over the glass through the corner slots...I'll have to attach some little rings on the back that I can loop the ropes through...hmmph...Doe's right (my right!) ear was drawn too close to the edge, one corner of paper winkled, another has a crease (before I started, and reason for starting)...I didn't like the weather stripping part, and hope the ropes will work on the next frame, and that they'll be okay going through the corner slot gaps...a clean look there would be a really big deal!...the end of mitered corners!!!!...and!!!...there's glowinthedarkrope...

No comments: