Saturday, January 17, 2015

Goose




























In the first Chapel and Sentinel watercolor sketch, I did just use a squared off brush stroke to represent the streaking on the Walls...so...so, I had that idea once before!...how odd...anyway, Goose charcoal sketch is from pic at Edinger Park...when I studied the pic, I thought it might lend itself to charcoal because of the lighting, but hesitated to try it as I haven't drawn many critters yet!...the critics in books I read yesterday went over just when does a drawing become a painting...there are a lot of painterly things one can do to a drawing, and I'm thinking when one leaves off from just the charcoal stick, and uses the kneaded eraser, chamois, and ones fingers to manipulate the charcoal, a drawing might be regarded as a painting...at least the texture, grain, will be very different...I used the eraser to try and correct the bill, but drew back, and thought, 'stop'...I like the feet...just the nature of the stick being twisted gave a representation!...early afternoon still, blue warm...time for a nap!...

No comments: