Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sketches

Sentinel near Chapel


Half Dome,
from Stoneman Meadow, I think...


Half Dome at
Stoneman Bridge





















The fourth pic up is a crop of the right bottom corner of the third pic from top...I did a little thumbnail of a classmates painting...I've forgotten about thumbnails...little sketch paintings are really important to do...especially if making a movie or picture book and a storyboard for it...I picked up a lot of stuff from my Palomar Instructors...one is now moved on it seems, has galleries, and is charging 50 dollars an hour for lessons...oh, how many hours I spent in all their classes!...it was hard to distance myself from my instructors styles...Mike started with pastels, and likes colors...Community colleges are gold...if you have the opportunity to go, go, at any age...clear blue warm...didn't draw or paint today...attention taken up refing basketball game...just one freshman game now and I feel like I've been up and down the Four Mile Trail!...stiff and soar climbing in and out of Silver!...oh...nostalgia set in and I was going through old posts, and happened again on this wonderful little painting that Museum has in it's collection and sometimes exhibits...
 

No comments: