Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Half Dome is always there...

















Watercolor pen and ink sketch is Half Dome from Stoneman Meadow...I didn't sign and date it, but it was December 2003...wish I'd annotated with an anecdote or two of the day...the collage postcard pics are the oils I did in class in Spring 2003 at Palomar...and made each into a single postcard...I've posted them up to the blog before years back...the phrase, 'Half Dome is always there...' was a takeoff I think on a tv commercial or some such of the time...clear sunny...got diverted by art books in the GG Library, and then by the stuff in the boxes in the garage, my old art class projects...I tossed most things back then, but what remains is a bit much!...one of the library books was about old time artists and their sketch books...seems they got attached to stuff too!...now along with the old house projects, and the old poems, I have the old art stuff...hmmph...oh...there was local election today...one office...voted with no problem...:)

No comments: