Monday, January 26, 2015

Tehachapi Oaks




























Watercolor sketch with pen and ink was at Stoneman Meadow after a control burn, one of two in the Meadows over the time I was in the Valley...Meadow was scorched black in places, under light snow covering...I kinda charred the sky too!...Cabin neighbor Dan on seeing the sketch, said, 'be sure to keep that!'...cloudy light sprinkles hereabout...two trips back and forth to Bakersfield, from there a rollabout to Fresno...visited with grand nephew thereabout and his wife and nine month old boy...haven't seen a new kid in the family for awhile, missed diaper time of my nephew in Texas two youngsters, but got to see them on Texas visit...always a treat...and then from Bakersfield a rollabout to Bear Valley in Tehachapi where my niece has bought two and one half acres of country property...a kinda dream of everyone, I'd say!...a fine day, sunny blue blue...Bird on the Oak Branches looks to be Wren...but need to id (White Breasted Nuthatch!...sheesh...I should know...)...being in Fresno, I almost entered the magnetic field of the Valley!!!...Redshoulder Hawks, and Bluebird, on the Bluffs nearabout my sister's house...

No comments: