Monday, January 5, 2015

Stop Sign






















Time and again, when I follow critters with the cameras, the critters, Bobcat, Deer, Bear, Coyote, come upon a road crossing ahead by a Stop Sign, and I capture with the pic the scene with the Stop Sign, and it's now a motif I look for, and it began with this sketch...class was set up under the Maple by the Chapel looking up North (South!) Side Drive towards Sentinel...ran out of little 6x8 boards, but going to ref meeting tonight will take me by Michael's, so I'll get some more...the 6x8 are just the right size to start a routine, which is what I'm about here...looking about for an alternative ground, I chose the big newsprint pad and charcoal...bit frustrated at the start until I realized I had a conte crayon in my hand instead of charcoal...charcoal and newsprint is the best!...charcoal drawing from the watercolor sketch is a scribble...I keep trying to find a stylized Ponderosa Pine look that I can do quick...and the other Trees too...left off on this drawing before it became mud too...'mud' is a slang art term for when things are becoming over done, over wrought, just over the top wrong...best then to just 'stop'!

No comments: