Sunday, August 28, 2016

OTI:one poem and notes:8/28/16

Open To Interpretation

Mama

Tenaya Creek far below
My rest on a granite bench,
And from around the trail bend downhill
Comes a lovely lovely girl,
Hiking fast,
But sees me with my repast,
And has a seat.
I offer her my open baggy of trail mix.
"Thanks!" she says, and asks,
"Have you any water?"
"Sure." and hand her a full halogen bottle.
"Can I have that one too?"
By now I'm lost in her tattoos,
And feel a flirt coming on...
"Sure..."
And from around the bend uphill,
A handsome ranger,
Long downhill strides,
Joins us.
Seeing the lovely lovely girl,
He grins,
"Where you headed?"
I smile,
"Clouds Rest, we're not together."
"Half Dome." she says.
"Can I see your permit?" the ranger asks her.
She raises her hand
To brush back her hair from her eyes,
Locked together now with the ranger's.
"I don't have a permit."
His grin widens,
"Okay this time. You can go on ahead."
My smile becomes a smirk.
And from around the downhill bend they come,
Quiet,
Except for the clump of their boots,
Breaths,
And the rustle of leather vests
Emblazoned with their colors.
My halogen bottles get passed from one to the next,
And I offer another two,
As a bit dehydrated they seem
And dry with dust.
"Where you all headed?" the ranger asks.
"Oh, they're with me."  says the lovely lovely girl.
I whisper,
"Potato potato potato..."
As they all clump past,
The ranger last
Around the bend.

DolphinWords

Notes:  reference the movie Treasure of the Sierra Madre...and She'll Be Coming 'Round The Mountain...ral...

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: