Friday, August 26, 2016

OTI:six poems and notes:8/26/16

Open To Interpretation

Promises?

Promises?
You won't own them,
Nor give a smidgen.
Why do I look forward?
I've seen enough to know
Not to be your pigeon.
Unbidden, I carry mine.
I would put them down
If my wings could open.

Imposition?

This conversation again,
Where I do all the talking,
What are you planning to do?
Imposition?
Yes, that's me,
In my fantasy.
Asked of me
In yours,
You say,
Who?

Bored Tongue

Time was
It was popular
To go to one's doom
For a righteous cause,
Any cause would do,
And this before
Radio TV web.
You could get tongue bored
Speaking
Blasphemy
In an eye blink.

Conclusion

One,
In time,
Arrives at the conclusion:
Don't give a damn about them
And they won't give a damn about you.

Montana

Be precious,
Like the eclipse in Montana
You are.

DMV

Be patient
When in the DMV
You are.

DolphinWords

Notes:  Promises...reference Robert Frost's poem Stopping In The Woods On A Snowy Evening...Imposition...the first three lines I had as a poem by itself...then noticed it went together with the next one...so, glued them together!...Bored Tongue...reference David Joris ...1501-1556...Conclusion...reference Gone With The Wind, Frankly, my dear...Montana...a full solar eclipse viewable from Montana next year!...DMV...inspired by St. Peter's Gate surely...I've been sent to the smog place, again...change of title:...It's smogged...Have you had it done in the last ninety days?...I think...What month?...May?...check this box (smogged in last ninety days)...a pause...You smogged it last year...Oh, my mistake...pause...Do I need to uncheck the box?...I did it...Thanks!...Fifty dollars, bring all this back with the smog certificate...of course that info, I'm thinking, was on her computer screen the whole while!...meanwhile, security asked three times if I belong to a blue Maserati...no no no, and I want to say, Do I look like I belong to a blue Maserati!?...maybe...some kid in the gym told me I look like Bill Gates...one must keep one's screaming mimis in check!...signs all over DMV saying just that!

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: