Tuesday, September 27, 2016

OTI:one poem and notes:9/27/16

Open To Interpretation

Magic Mirrors

"Oh,
That we can be
One another's magic mirrors,
Our eyes in each our eyes reflect
The current states we reside
Inside beside
Teeth, throat, tongue,
Sinus,
Ears, eyebrows, eyelids,
Scalp,
Spit, snot, tears,
Spine,
And the rest in line
Down to our feet,
Our souls' pedestals.
By your singing,
Petra,
Your light inside me,
I vacation in delightful places
I had never thought to see."
Black Dragon Pet finished speaking,
Pulled back from being
Face to face with Petra,
Who stood, arms akimbo,
Looking up.
"Black Dragons are poets?" she asked.
Black Dragon Pet settled down,
Seated on the black sand.
The surf's eternal welter among the shore rocks.
Looming over all the slopes of Volcano Never.
"Not very good ones."
Pet answered.
Petra turned and spoke to the wind,
"And Ichi and I blinded you."
"Yes." Pet said
"But with you near I see."
"Our deal," Pet continued, and asked,
"Still?"
Petra turned,
Looked up at Volcano Never,
Turned back,
Eyes to eyes with Pet.
"Still." Petra said.

DolphinWords

Notes: ...in the OTI studies, when I first happened on Plutarch, I thought, 'Oh, this is where Shakespeare got some things...'...and not just things, but the very way he writes...and scholars have well documented this...as to Euripides and the Greek playwrights, there's some doubt if Shakespeare knew them...there were Latin translations about back then, and maybe so...one site has it that the Merchant of Venice has Euripides' Medea in it...haven't read the Merchant in a long while, and haven't gotten to Medea...for sometime...there seems to be a natural transition from writing poems to writing plays...plays are fun!...and you don't have to go on about settings, or interior emotions like novelists do...I'll write another play, if one happens along, and I want to be prepared...if I can bundle together a few of the old Greeks, that might work, and I was wondering which ones Shakespeare knew...hmmph...Magic Mirror...I was imagining these mirrors that showed you a reflection, like the Snow White Witch's, and that these mirrors, on request, would show you your reflection altered, kind of like when you make a toon in the video games, and these alterations would change you, for real...and that was the sentiment when I started out, but drifted, and drifted, and found myself in the Black Ship tale...but, you know, the sentiment is 'still' there, just as I imagined, but not as I could have foreseen!...update: change 'eternal restlessness' to 'eternal welter'...had to look welter up, took note of it re reading an old translation of the Illiad, and it fits!...

:)

DavidDavid

No comments: