Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blue Jay's Birdbath






Shuttled over to the Post Office...through the windows, saw Deer at the Lower Falls...they seem to like it there right at the Intersection....walked back along the Road under the Oaks at the edge of Bobcat Meadow...looking for Bobcat..but no luck...still basking in yesterday's sightings though!...the Deer were again at Lower Falls...clip...and that would have been it for today, for pics and clips...but just when I went out the Cabin door on the way to work, I hear two Woodpeckers...Acorns I think, but I'm not sure...have to study it out...anyway...they were making a mating call or something...and pursuing them I noticed Blue Jay on top of the Bus...'Oh...that's a pic!', I thought...and Blue Jay kept hopping into the depression on top of the Bus's pop top....couldn't tell what that was about until I went around front...and 'Oh, Blue Jay is taking a bath, that's a clip!!'....and that would have been all for today, but my hiking friend reported a Moonbow last night at Lower Falls..not a big one...the best time is next month....so after work around nine thirty, I saw the Moon had come up behind Half Dome, and geared up...paddled out to Lower Falls View Bridge with tripod over one shoulder and coffee cup in my other hand...it's really nice out...cool with just a little breeze...and I had the Bridge to myself...for a long while...then some others showed up...and a photog happened over and looked at the lcd screen...a pic I had taken was in view...'Oh, can I have a copy?" he asked, and I answered sure...happens he works for NPS....saw my green hat, and thought I did too...'No, DNC', I explained...oh...this is just amusing to me!...but anyway...I took a lot of pics...just kept clicking away...I set the Canon S5 to iso 800, infinity, and the max, 15" (seconds, I think!) exposure...taking pics at night is kinda neat...I look at the little lcd screen with the same anticipation one looked at developing trays in a darkroom!....paddled back to the Cabin and sent off the pic above...best of the lot...and last one I took...had to wait for the sliver of moonlight to go up to the top of the Falls...some of the darker exposures showed more color....something to remember next time... not likely I'll go next time to the View Bridge..it gets a bit crowded...and Moonbows are becoming an event like Horsetail!...there are other vantage points though....dont know but right now a Snowcone pic from Upper Falls trail just past Omygosh would be knockdown!!...thinking now of getting one of those automatic motion cameras one sets out, and put it on top of the Bus...been wishing I had a Birdbath out back!!...and now I have the notion that I have a mobile one...that is, if I ever get the Bus mobile again!

No comments: