Monday, March 30, 2009

Falls Hike















Paddled up to the Falls...thought to go as far as Eagle Peak...from the top, it's another 2.8 miles...it was three thirty when I reached there..the Falls...and there was still snow about over the trail to Eagle Peak...and I was really tired!...so, paddled over to the Bridge over the Creek, and had lunch...hikers there took my pic for me...and I took one of them for them...didn't see much on the way critter wise...Ground Squirrels at the start on the Climber's Wall...Spider...name of which I'll try to find in a moment (Wolf Spider)...and two Juncos...heard Blue Jays, Flickers, and Acorn Woodpeckers...these all lower down in the Live Oak Forest on the Rocky Slope...it is the longest trail coming down!...scenics were knockdown all day of course!...sunny blue perfectly cool for hiking....oh!...web report of a rock slide out at Mirrow Lake, Saturday early morning...knocked some trees down...tommorow go have a look!...saw a brand new white boulder in the Live Oak Forest on the Rocky Slope on hike down from Falls...thought to investigate that...for sometime...ohh!!...I found a blog that posted up some links...one to the NYPL...they have some old pics up....this one of Vernal is a treasure...it shows the Old Tree when in 'good health'...it was a Two Top Pine...too cool!...

4 comments:

Al said...

thats pretty cool sounds great

Al said...

thats really awesome

DavidDavid said...

Thanks, it's been a nice day.

DavidDavid said...

Let me ad, AI, that Two Years Before the Mast is one of my favorites too, and a fine story of early California...good luck, and good sailing!

David