Thursday, March 12, 2009

Today's Bobcat Pics


















Out back before Breakfast, I heard what I think is the Pygmy Owl...but it's just one call..let me try to describe it!...a quarter note in four four time, like two notes per measure, and a flute sound to it...low...like an e....and it just keeps repeating...and kinda drove me nuts...and around in a big circle in the Backyard...with no luck, I went to Breakfast, then geared up and over to Lower Falls...wanted to go left...but heard the call again to the right somewhere among the Footbridges....it's a really illusive Bird!...I circled around to Lower Falls stop..but no luck again...so I went over to the Rocky Slope trail and not far along, looked back the way I came and glimpsed Bobcat!...I couldn't decide what camera to use, Bobcat was moving along that Rocky Slope background I had been hoping for...and I chose the still pic new camera...rather than the 12x with still and video....and I learned this!:....in the mottled light, and with Bobcat moving...it is very problematic that I'll get a clear sharp pic!...I tried...I walked along the Trail paralleling Bobcat....who was just above going through the Boulders and Trees...once I swung ahead and waited...and almost got some face on pics...over exposure...or motion...mars them....some tourists showed up....and I went ahead all the way to Grinding Stone Boulder...set up the 12x on the tripod...(another problem was the didgi was on the tripod...the didgi's not really a good choice for Rocky Slope pics!...everything is too close in!)....but I lost sight of Bobcat when I went ahead...a mistake..and I waited and waited...and no luck...well..I did have luck!...two of the profile pics are classic compositions...and I'm very happy with them!...but I really wanted some face on coming through the Boulders...the green moss and grey lichens and the trees and brown needles and acorns and everything!....the Rocky Slope Forest is really a charming place!....so next time...like tomorrow, it'll be listen for the call and Rocky Slope time!...I'll put the 12x on the tripod and carry the didgi in the pack...it fits really nice in one of the net bottle holders on the side...and will do clip first...it all happens so fast when a critter shows up!...sometimes they pose...but more often there is a very small window of opportunity to get a clip or pic....Bobcat I'm certain is Appletree Bobcat that I photographed last year this time...see Bobcat and Coyote post....report of Bear by El Cap...cool sunny blue..might have been scattered clouds...cant recall...was amongst the Trees mostly!!...oh...I figured out how to do slow motion clips in Premier...and re posted just Bobcat's Leap...in slow motion!

No comments: