Sunday, March 22, 2009

Snowy Rocky Slope




























It snowed a lot late late last night...I got to the walk a bit late...after Breakfast around eleven...and over to the Rocky Slope...I put the short lens on the new camera...it does pretty good in the low light!...had the trail to myself except for one set of hikers going up to the Falls...envied them their day!...passed a couple more with snowshoes on the way back to the Cabin..thought they were 'over geared'...but it snowed a lot during the day!...by a lot, of course, I mean for the Valley...maybe seven or eight inches...it's going to melt fast...so I hope to get out early tomorrow...report of Bear in the Backyard last night...and another from a Thai new arrival over at the Train Wreck...cloudy snow off and on cool....my email has posts from the yosemite birders group over in Yahoo...they see like sixty five species down in the foothills during a ride about...I'd find that a bit overwhelming!...Flicker clip is short...but I really like it!..hope to get more tomorrow...and Blue Jay and the others...the white snow sets off the Birds' colors...and reflects the light....tried to get artsy with the pics...which I can do, but would prefer something that moves moving!!...and when that happens composition is on the fly and a guess!!
oh!....there's a new video site...and it has a yosemite bouldering section...one is able to post up better resolution clips...I'm not a climber...I dont even watch...but I pass by these performances on the Rocky Slope...maybe I can find one on one of the boulders I visit...brb...about the site...
brb...here's the section....
brb
here's vimeo's home page
maybe blogger will catch up with the competition!!...
someone's going to have to give me a guided walk so I can learn the Boulder's names!!!
oh...here aN overwhelming vimeo site of a local photog...
I have one of this photog's pics painted on to Canvas sold on ebay by an artist, Shruffs or something, claiming it was an original plein air...I bought it, and when it came I couldn't believe it could be painted so thin in oils..and held it up to the light looking through the back, and could see through it...and saw there was just one pass of paint..quite impossible with a brush in oils!...anyway...I was in the gift shop and saw Falkenstein postcard of the same scene...sunset peaks in Tuolumne...and smacked my forehead...hmpph..I'd been took!...I keep it around as a curio and conversation piece!

2 comments: