Saturday, March 14, 2009

Two Acorn Woodpeckers






Paddled over to the Post Office.....new camera lens came for the new camera...a 1.8 50mm....the camera came with a short lens...but not with such a low aperture...and I read good things about this lens on amazon (and it's inexpensive!)...I've been hesitant to take the long lens off because of the dust hazard....I'll carry them both along now...and should get some good scenics and hopefully some good Hite Cove flower pics Monday!....came back through Bobcat Meadow...Sparrow clip at the Boardwalk Azaleas...two actually...only posted one...I'm collecting Song Sparrow songs!...Brown Creeper clip by the Library...I was standing in amongst the young Cedars and Pines, trying for tiny bird pics (oh..I saw Hummingbirds at the Rocky Slope Forest yesterday!)...and Creeper appeared on a Cedar Trunk....they're hard to photograph...always moving..and always moving up!!....checked on Owl in Chapel Meadow...last few times not at Home..it actually looks like there is a hollow area...Owl could be nestled back in it...two Mallards flew to one of the Ponds in the Meadow...with the Ducks back it's like old times...like the first pitch of a new Baseball season!...sunny but hazy cool...ice still on the Falls wall in the morning...three day old report of Bear break in over in Siberia...afraid Rocky Slope Bear pushed open another door!!...and didn't have a reservation...two Acorn Woodpeckers were atop the Woodpecker Tree..clip....Oh!...I've learned a trick on how to take steadier hand held clips...it happens sometimes I haven't time to splay out the tripod legs...and I just hold the camera on the tripod up to my eye and sight...taking pic or clip...and I've noticed that the weight of the tripod steadies my hand...it weighs about six or eight pounds!...I'll try some of these tomorrow to show...I'm curious to see if this technique dampens things down with the didgi!!

No comments: