Thursday, March 26, 2009

Roadside Flowers





























Up early, and shuttled down the Road beside the Merced to about El Portal...community clean up...very small community, but very pleasant company, and easy enough work picking up trash alongside the Road...made me a bit anxious though, keeping an eye out for cars speeding by...not driving myself on the highways my ownself, I've kinda lost the adaption...cars can seem very big and menacing!...and trucks carrying wide loads on trailers!...saw one Deer track along the roadside...for quite aways..the critters naturally look for the easiest place to walk...no different than us...why I see their footprints in mine in the snow...and see them walking on the trails...a few flowers showing...pics.... the Poppies haven't quite reached this high yet...though up one slope there were some....saw some Swifts or Swallows at the Bridge...but too far for clear pic...sunny blue warm...and would have been hot, but we picked up to get me back to work on time!...well...we all had to be at work, though I think I was the only one not on the clock!....plant that looks like a spoiled apple I learned is called...hooey..I've forgotten! (Buckeye)...didn't know what in the world it was...kicked one and surprised to find it rooted to the ground!...will look it up...but leave it's name a mystery here...along with the Flowers...

oh...before Dawn one Black Headed Grosbeak singing out in the Backyard!!...and an Osprey sighting at the Lakes on the Merced!...looked too for Hawk by El Portal...as a report the other day of one there, a Redtail...but no luck...

No comments: