Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bobcat in the Rocky Slope















Paddled over to the Rocky Slope...tourists were ahead, taking pics of Deer...this just before the Upper Falls trail beginning....and I heard Blue Jays making their warning call...and Bobcat showed up, coming my way....again I had the didgi on the tripod...when I needed the 12x...and so took one clip with one hand holding the 12x....then the second clip, I put on the teleconvertor, which had plopped in the snow in the hurry....oh...I was just all thumbs!...anyway, at the Climbing Wall, which is kindof a barrier to Bobcat's walk, insomuch Bobcat has to come out of the Boulders and Trees into an open area, often with climbers about, Bobcat went under some Trees....a couple pics...the ones up...noisy to be sure, but I kinda like them...I swung around and got organized...Bobcat looked to be considering going forward right behind the climbers....and with 12x on the tripod ready, all my plans went south when a tourist hiker came along...I got their attention, and they slowed up, but Bobcat was spooked, and went up the Rocky Slope...actually, Bobcat never looks spooked...walking always with that graceful even gate...I managed to follow and get a couple glimpses...I would really really like to get a good long clip of Bobcat negotiating the Boulders and Trees!!...the ones up just a sample of what such a clip might look like!....sunny blue and warm...well..a little bit of hazy clouds...a short walk...had to go back to the Cabin early and deal with the dishevelment...and tonight too after work!...it's been a long day....Happy Birthday Robert Frost! (3/26)
a Frost poem:
On Looking Up by Chance at the Constellations
You'll wait a long, long time for anything much
To happen in heaven beyond the floats of cloud
And the Northern Lights that run like tingling nerves.
The sun and moon get crossed, but they never touch,
Nor strike out fire from each other nor crash out loud.
The planets seem to interfere in their curves
But nothing ever happens, no harm is done.
We may as well go patiently on with our life,
And look elsewhere than to stars and moon and sun
For the shocks and changes we need to keep us sane.
It is true the longest drouth will end in rain,
The longest peace in China will end in strife.
Still it wouldn't reward the watcher to stay awake
In hopes of seeing the calm of heaven break
On his particular time and personal sight.
That calm seems certainly safe to last to-night.
-- Robert Frost
snagged from here:
as it happens, I have this thing for push pins...
one more:

Desert Places
by Robert FrostThe Poetry of Robert Frost)
-->
Snow falling and night falling fast, oh, fast
In a field I looked into going past,
And the ground almost covered smooth in snow,
But a few weeds and stubble showing last.
The woods around it have it—it is theirs.
All animals are smothered in their lairs,
I am too absent-spirited to count;
The loneliness includes me unawares.
And lonely as it is, that loneliness
Will be more lonely ere it will be less—
A blanker whiteness of benighted snow
With no expression, nothing to express.
They cannot scare me with their empty spaces
Between stars—on stars where no human race is.
I have it in me so much nearer home
To scare myself with my own desert places.
that one snagged from here:
here's the home page...home pages can usually be reached by clicking on a blog's header...this is Garrison Keller's blog...almanac....
well...I paddled about with that search!...it's late and I'll be up early to clean up the trash alongside the road tomorrow...for just a little while..and the gear will be with, so some hoped for roadside flower pics...and something that moves moving!!...time to curl up...

No comments: