Saturday, August 23, 2014

Balboa Surf


















Yesterday Evening rolled out to Balboa and paddled out to the end of the Pier...thought was to see if I could see Huntington Beach Pier from that vantage...nope...but paddled up to the roof of Ruby's where there are tables too, and from that vantage took some pics...and snacked...rootbeer float and shrimp cocktail...paddled back thinking to get the fishing gear, but was taken by the beach goers frolicking in the surf...clips and pics, lots, but many have lens flare...I may have made a discovery!...lens flare worsened when I cleaned the lenses...and I'm thinking a thin film of salt spray on a lens softens the flaring!...clear warm light breeze...and no fish line in the water!...fishermen where bringing in bait fish, and I watched carefully how they unhook fish from the SABIKI jigs...bottom to top, hold line, hold fish, unhook fish...drop fish in bucket...repeat...one fisherman made it look simple, the others looked like I will!...tried for leaping Dolphin pics, but just dorsal fins...and one Seal...oh!...on Ruby's roof one can feel the Pier sway when the swells come through...I'd forgotten how easy I get seasick!!!

No comments: