Saturday, August 2, 2014

Fish Tacos























Paddled out to the end of Huntington Beach Pier...very good fish tacos at Ruby's...surfing contest in its second to last day, and unfortunately, not much surf!...but lots of people!...overcast cloudy warm...read Beowulf waiting for transfers...some thoughts on that story for sometime too!...Coral Tree in bloom kept asking me to take its pic....Town is very well landscaped, trees trimmed, lawns mowed, flowers about...both commercial and private grounds...it's a lot of work, and I don't know if it is much appreciated...I know I seldom turn my camera on the flowers and plants...they're commonly seen so without an uncommon interest, like a surfing contest!...oh, sighted a Lizard Fish being caught, but no pic...hopped off at the Mall at Edinger and Beach and purchased pocketbooks Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn...noticed on the back cover the author of the intros and comments has written a book about James Fenimore Cooper, so, so, a must purchase before I go on more about Deerslayer!...
The Pastoral Moment in Cooper's Fiction by Daniel Peek
hmmph..published in 1977 and out of print...amazon has used ones, which can be slow in mail, but maybe I can find it at the library!

No comments: