Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Crystal Cove Osprey









Out and about around 9am with no sure destination, just 'somewhere by the ocean for a fish being caught pic'...and I must have changed which bus to take in my head like six times, and changed transfers for real a couple times too...finally was on Bus Route 1 rolling along south on PCH, Dana Point the latest thought, 'for sure to get fish pic there at the Marine Aquarium', but on an impulse hopped off at Crystal Cove!...'no fish pic as likely no fishermen' my thought as I paddled out the path, and down to the beach from the bluff, and, and, looked up and there was Big Wings overhead...'what?'...'oh, Osprey!'...took the blue pack off fast as I could, and pulled out the 300 mm, and a couple pics of Osprey from behind flying off to the North...I looked to the blueblue sky a long while standing, twirling about, trying to will Osprey to return...long held dear ever since Ospreys at 10 Mile Dunes, has been thought of getting pics of Osprey catching fish in the Ocean...with a sigh, I found a log to sit on, and shared the ocean surf view with the kelp flies, and various Pipers, a few Pelicans, Beach strollers, joggers, and after a long while Osprey was right over head, and only time for another from behind pic as Osprey flew South and up the little canyon by the Life Guard Tower...'well, even a faraway from behind pic is more than I hoped for', my thought during another long wait, and I nearly picked up, but Osprey returned, sighted in the distance approaching from the South...this time I got good, I thought, pics...and Osprey was being oblidging, flying to about where I was, and then flying back towards the Tower, this like three times, and I was much hopefull that Osprey would dive into the Ocean right in front of me...Osprey would dip a wing, wheel and turn, and look just like a dive about to happen, and it did!...but on the turn by the Tower faraway!...see faraway pics!...very cool...Osprey caught  very big fish in the Surf...maybe Corbina...unbeknownst to me, I had the stabilizer set to 1 instead of 2 on lens, and all pics a bit off, oh, more than a bit, they're blurry!...but Osprey flew to the Beach to get a better grip on Fish, and I saw the chance for a clip, and took out the 50x powershot...thank goodness!...I'd be kicking myself from here to there if I had a bunch of blurry pics of Osprey with Fish flying right at me!...which is what happened...see clip!...a new treasure...sunny blueblue warm...I thought to hang around the Beach longer, but I want to go back tomorrow early, so needed to return to be able to get rest, it's almost 7pm now as I post...getting up at 3am requires some strategizing!...anyway, I got some pics I thought good of Swallow, and new Little Bird...but they're stabilizer blurry too, along with the Pelicans, Pipers, Seagulls, Cormorants, Sailboats, and one from behind very small bikini which was incidentally in the pic creel too!...hmmph...one can hop off the Bus Route 1 at Pelican Point street, and it's right there the path to Cove, which was un-crowded on this summer day...tomorrowmorrow, hopefully, I'll have the stabilizer problem solved, and the Swallows and New Birds will be about...the rest are usuals for anytime!...oh, and Osprey too, of course...

No comments: