Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Dana Point Sunset






















Rolled out Yesterday with plenty of time, and thought to go as far as San Clemente...or even Oceanside Pier!....but Sunset Time was approaching as I was approaching Dana Point, so pulled into Jack in the Box to get a snack, cheeseburger coke and fries...and while in the drive through line, another jeep, yellow, was in front...top off, and something in the back, which after some study, I discerned  was a wooden beach chair..very upscale, I'd say...and I thought on this, as I had stopped at Big 5 on the way, and I looked over foam bellyboards, swm fins, some interesting swim gloves...notion has been of late to just go to the Beach and sit in the sun, read a book, swim and body surf a bit...and become a beach bum...the Ocean has that allure...Jack London would build yachts from his book earnings, he was highest paid author of the time, and just sail off to the South Seas...the old guy in the yellow jeep looked to be a fellow travel, and then I heard the music he was playing, Allison Kraus and Union Station, my! favorite cd...a doggone doppelganger...hmmph...free parking at Dana Harbor, and paddled out to the Benches and snacked...Sunset blocked by the Point, which is looking more like a face each visit..two raptors flew overhead, but too dark to id...and flocks of seagulls flying south to somehwhere...on the roll outs to the Ocean, I listen to radio baseball, Angels and Padres...I can't find the Dodger station, and it may not be on the air, like the TV coverage, which is messed up because of cable company asking exorbitant fees...'no Vin is a Sin' seems to be the hew and cry!...clear warm light breeze...last Friday, rolled over to the laundromat, and thought to take the cameras, but shrugged, 'it's the middle of town' (don't know if there is anything but 'middle' in Town!), and didn't take them, and of course when I got to the laundromat, two Hawks, Redtails, came soaring overhead from above the roof...remembered I had the iphone camera, and it actually got a pic...Piebald Grebe at the Donut Shop Pond...selfie at Zachs in Old Town GG...by the Donut Shop is a Print Shop, and every time I walk past it I think of having things printed...at least a calling card, as I'm always caught up short without a pen, or scrap of paper to write things on when folk want to exchange emails and such...so I had a thousand calling cards printed up...I like very much the kinda plastic paper they are printed on...it looks to be waterproof, and one can wipe dust and such off easily...

No comments: