Thursday, February 12, 2015

Elm



























First class of the 2004 season, we all trundled out to the Oak That Arches Over Half Dome, and looked out over Bobcat Meadow...during the Winter I had fallen in with the photogs...I had a 35 mm film elf, and every week I developed a roll of film with the services of Double A Gallery...they had to shuttle film down the hill, so there was a day to send it, and a day to pick it up...a routine...for the most part, my photos were references for my painting, but I'd try to take some good ones too...and during the Winter there was a photo contest (employees')...pic up was my entry...I tried to mat it with that spongy craft stuff one gets at Michaels...we all won, one fellow so taken with the experience that he went down the hill to go to photo school...photo was taken eary in the morning, and a candid one of a photog I didn't know...but it like expresses all the photogs that crowd onto Stoneman(Sentinel!) Bridge for the Sunset on Half Dome show...sunny clear warm...hot really...got the shelves attached...just in time before I went to referee...finish it up tomorrowmrrow, and try to make sense of the dishevelment!...oH!...fan is making a racket on the toshiba lap top...time for a cleaning I gather...posting using the old mac book...dont know what to do about wow...funds need replenishing...toshiba has been a champ!...will miss the basketball...next season...

No comments: