Thursday, February 5, 2015

Mt. Conness



















Watercolor sketch is at Ahwahnee Meadow ('A Meadow' in my postups...as like 'A Rooms' for the Ahwahnee:)...class instructor encouraged us to be bold with colors!...the Cottonwoods are much taller now...sunny clear blue warm...the photo is of Mt. Conness..old post relates my hike to its peak (nope...that hike before blog)...I set the photo on the little 8x10 canvas, and first tried wood thread and metal nut thread screwbolts...but too big a hole for the plexi, and broke two at the corners...hmmph...used the tiny dowels, and more careful with the drilling...looked up bowline knot and half hitch knot on the web to remind myself how to tie them, and small rope and large rope begin with bowline knot, and end with trucker knot tied off with half hitch...it's all just to see how it might look, a prototype...8x10 is too small for the ropes' sizes, and I will have to try again with 18x24...I'd like to use rope for the edging, for the look of it, and too, to seal off the art work from dust and such...rope and yarn really don't go together with photos...like them better with drawings, charcoal and pastel...stuck the corners of the plexi into the large rope, but that's not a good look...and a puzzle how to make the corners, and everything on the rope outside edge tight and clean...using the knots, for inside under plexi, and outside, I like!..oh!...and looking for knot ideas, I see a butterfly loop knot would go better where I made an over hand (fingers) loop granny knot in the rope!

No comments: