Monday, February 16, 2015

Light of Day




















"Mystery!" Osamu said, "Have your painting be mysterious!"...watercolor is the one I did that evening with Patty, the Art Activity Center manager, and Osamu, the guest artist, who was demonstrating his technique...thought was to have the guest artists have one class in the evenings for the employees each week...an experiment that didn't work out...employees are too busy!...I was the only one that came by...reference was a photo in a travel magazine of Mt. Rainer, where I've never been...sunny clear hazy warm...fussed, and back and forth all day gathering things to frame some old family photos...after I got the garage shelves up, and all the boxes on the shelves, I started to go through the boxes, separating things to keep, and things to toss or give away...I found myself taking things out of the boxes, looking at them, reminiscing, not getting anywhere, and putting things right back in the boxes...'oh', I thought, 'there's nothing else for it, I have to get the best of the old pics out of the boxes and on the walls!'...so, at Michaels, I bought a packet of seven 11"x14" canvases...I have a box full of brand new 11x14 frames complete...part of the art inventory of stuff I gathered...and scavenged the plexi...and painted all the canvases blue...trip to Home Depot for small paint roller...and looked all over for photo corners...tried to use some photo sticky both sides squares, but they won't adhere to the canvas...I think rubber cement will work, and is good to use as it doesn't damage the paper when removed...tomorrowmorrow I'll look for cement!...pic up shows work in progress...rope is clothes line rope from dollar store, and is just right...and the corners look acceptably clean...the edging is the cedar bender board that I've been miss calling 'cedar'...it's redwood, which is what I wanted to use!...old family photos are a bit mysterious--I'm not sure who everyone is!

No comments: