Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Sapphire Lake



















Sapphire Lake Before Dawn...this oil, 11x14, I did on my own...this to say, not a class assignment at Palomar...and from photo taken on a looping backpack hike in the Sierra ('87?)...Lake is near Muir Pass...here's link to another backpacker's pics...scrolling about mid-way down, is Sapphire Lake from the same vantage point, but in the evening...the painting is so dark, that I dont think anyone visiting the Cabin even noticed it on the wall, 'cept one maintenance worker who liked it, and who I think was a fisherman...I wanted to get that before dawn feel...taking pic for the blog the lighting wasn't good, but gives another version to the painting...casting light on the paintings as I have done for the pics, I've taken note that one can 'photoshop' paintings with real light shining on them in different ways...sunny clear blue cool...go hiking, come back, make paintings, write poems, go hiking...rinse...

No comments: