Monday, February 23, 2015

Merced Lake

















Sometimes, I'd take along my pen and ink and a small drawing notebook, the paper a kind of tan color, and do a sketch...I should do that all the time!...even when I did the Merced Lake sketch, I thought it doesn't 'read' very well, and now too, but if I put my nose up to it, look closely, it comes back, and it's Merced Lake!...I remember walking out to the Lke after arriving in the evening and setting up camp on one side of a long log...and very tired and weary of the cobblestone trail from Sunrise to Merced Lake, and very glad the hike had been downhill and not up!...next day I hiked out to the Valley at Happy Isles, the trail thereabout very crowded, and with my big pack, and trying to keep my pace, I was kind of a bulldozer!...puff clouds sunny blue cool...sat on the blue chair on the patio, and studied the sticks...was gonna post pics of the ideas, but for sometime...second pen and ink is of me at the Bus Stop in Mariposa...I didn't have a car for the first seven years in the Valley...and how often I sat on that bench waiting for YARTS!

No comments: