Thursday, February 26, 2015

Four Things Log




















That's me on Four Things Log in the left lower corner...this Log was out in the middle of Coop's Meadow (Meadow across from Chapel and over nearer Swinging Bridge), and on walkabouts there I would sit awhile and enjoy the view of the Four Things: Half Dome, Falls, Sentinel, and the Cathedrals...thought one time to make pen and ink sketch...after a control burn in the Meadow, the Log was gone, and I suspected the Park Service of being the culprits, removing it for reasons related to the Burn...but on looking at sketch today, I realized what made the Log disappear...it was Spring High Water...the flooding just lifted it and moved it, probably down the Merced Canyon...later, I saw this happen to many logs in Two Top Pine Meadow...I can date others' photos by what logs are about in the Meadows!...sunny few clouds cool...been wondering where Denny's Hawk has been, and sighted Hawk soaring over Town while I was in the parking lot thereabout...made another Garrison Table (22" high), one I can sit at in the Blue Chair...tomorrowmorrow, try to do a bookcase at the same scale...2x2 sticks would be too weak in the uprights for full size scale table...would need 2x4s, or larger, which is disappointing....have thought to make the 2x2 sticks the challenging limit for the projects...this to say, make everything out of them....can double 2x2s and make them into 2x4s, and where I'm using the 2x2s to make mortises and slots, I'll do that...Little Table's feet fell off when it rained....elmer's white glue isn't waterproof, I learn...but easy to glue them back on!

No comments: