Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Cabin In The Forest


















A. called it the Cabin in the Forest, and I thought to change the blog's title!...pen and ink watercolor, 'plein air'...I sat out front in one of those folding blue nylon chairs with a cup holder, and I had a little nylon table too, and used the ground to set things on, as these chairs are low to the ground, and that is the set up I use for doing outdoor watercolors...good to have a small flat table, or the ground, for watercolor...been awhile since I set up!...somewhere there is another notebook with second season sketches, I'll dig through the boxes tomorrowmorrow...after that second Spring in the Valley, much of my time was taken up with hiking...in the Summer, I figured out how to go to Tuolumne on the Hikers Bus...summer to Tuolumne...Fall Winter and Spring I hiked the Valley trails in my off time, or went to BadgerBadger to cross country ski...and that was the routine!...I took my paints along, but never sat still long enough to do much drawing or painting...asked why I wasn't out painting by returning instructors who saw me at work at Last Chance, I'd mumble some excuse, but inside I felt the need to just explore the Park, and maybe, I even said once, after ten years I might understand it enough to paint its scenes...sunny blue warm...refereed a game, one more to go...and watched youtube drawing instruction on how to draw a cartoon skeleton...very good...watched another more formal one, and it was useless...dividing, and measuring...between watching woodworking youtubes, googling paintings, artists, and such, in google images, and now watching drawing and painting youtubes, I'm getting too diverted!...tomorrowmorrow more shelves....Renoir is the best, I'd joust in the lists with anyone but him!...

quote

In the past I have studied several academic methods for figure drawing, 
from making boxes and geometrical figures to measuring exact anatomical 
proportions. To be honest, with all this information I just couldn’t 
draw!
 
Leonardo Pereznieto
 
 
what can I say...a self similar fondness for angel wings and butterflies!...here's his Lion tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rry8a-CZws8

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

you are going to make me get my paints out...

DavidDavid said...

yes,,,we have paint sails, and just need to catch a wind...

Jeannette said...

that is a sweet image!