Sunday, February 22, 2015

Stoneman Meadow




























Mists and Clouds over Stoneman Meadow after Rain...one of the oil paintings I did in class at Palomar...from vacation pic...puff clouds, darker clouds, and woke up after nap to Rain...rolled over to Denny's for snack, and nice to hear raindrops on Silver's canvas top, and watch the wet dark streets and traffic outside the big windows...and I had to bring everything on the garrison table inside...patio roof leaks...and I put everything in the halloween pumpkins....tough to sort through trying to put model idea together for Harvest Table...and somehow arrived at the notion of making big pencils for the legs...I can get 4x4 posts (actually 3.5x3.5--lumber sizes keep getting skinnier) and saw the edges to make octagon posts...and maybe a hollow core door for table top...and paint the top like a piece of grid paper...in the model sketch, I poked the sharpened pencils all the way through the grid paper, and linked them with pipe cleaners...I've yet to try the glue gun glue...apparently, after watching cute video of a miniature plant stick chair being made, one can use this glue with just a candle flame to melt it...the pipe cleaners are a wonder, and will search web for what material large enough would behave like pipe cleaners do!...but I have to think through how to make stringers that will look good attached to the big octagon pencil legs...this table, once set in front of the sliding glass door ceiling to floor windows, will be the 'garrison table' I'm imagining...where I'll doodle in 3D....Key Fob came back with the White Truck...:)...oh..in the painting I moved El Cap to where Washington Column should be...in the old paintings of the Valley. most often the folk art ones, artists would move the Valley icons about routinely!






No comments: