Monday, October 27, 2008

Long Day


Well...I got out at six am...to start the 'transit'...but it was too dark!...didn't have my headlamp over by Flicker Grove..and the leaves were rustling...so paddled back to Last Chance for breakfast...which had been my intention...breakfast begins at six thirty...after breakfast I started out again with the early light to help...making a written log while I went....and it's too long to transcribe tonight!!...it was to be a three hour walk...and a long afternoon nap...but I was out most all day....and I've been so sleepy all day!....anyway...I'll save most of today's report for when I can work it up....at the end of the day I took the Half Dome pic...and just after..in the gathering gloom...the leaves were rustling again at Flicker Grove...actually across the Path in the Deer House Oaks...and no headlamp again!!....and it was Mama Bear and Cub...they went right over to the Picnic Tables....tried for flash pic...but too far and too dark...then I was over at the Lower Falls MiniMeadow...where the walk began in the dark in the morning...and more leave rustling!...Mama Doe with Two Fawns was right by the split rail fence...very cool..and got souvenir flash pic....it was a fine very long day!...cold in the morning with high wispy clouds...warmed up in the late afternoon...Maple Leaf from a
couple days ago...it represents all the Fall leaves on the trees!...I...I have this odd interest in ripples on water...and found the Ouzels below Three Arch Bridge...Kenneyville...charming...Robin is one of many I found all in one place...saw hundreds of Bandtail Pidgeons...but I'm getting into the report..all for sometime...





No comments: