Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pine Needles









Took the Shuttle over to the Post Office...was going to take it back to Lower Falls...but waiting on the bench I turned to my left to see a camera focused on me...a friend was trying to sneak a pic!...Well, I said, if you want to take pics..lets go!...so we paddled out to the Sugar Maple...and then over to the Deer House where my friend spotted Hawk in the Pine above the Picnic Benches...tried to sneak up...both of us...oh...I have to teach how to walk...one sneaks like walking over the half submerged stones of a snow melt full High Sierra Stream...and now and then pause...just like Marmot!....anyway...Hawk flew off above the road and Lower Falls stop...no pic...just the Grey Squirrel clip thereabout....all kinds of people popping up here and there...we walked out Lodgepole Point...photogs focusing on Creek's End...more crossing the Creek...then out in Owl Woods..of all places...two more Friends relaxing on log...we all agree something should be said about the tour buses letting their engines run...tough to find a place for a break in peace and quiet!!....split up and back to the Cabin...work time...
I happened on an interesting site last night...National Wildlife Federation...the Grinnell story book I got came in a package with a two cent Bobcat postage stamp...trying to study this out I happened on a conservation stamp book of 1942 with a really cool Bobcat painting reproduced on it's cover...looking into this further I find that the NWF has been putting out these books for their conservation stamps since 1938...and the art is really cool...but another neat thing they have..or do...is 'certify' backyards!...someone who can show that their yard is a place for wildlife...can be certified...and I'm wondering if this is a possibility for hereabout!......but hereabout isn't my exclusive domain!....that two cent Bobcat stamp I cant find for two cents!(oh..it's a two dollar stamp!)...it has some value...I'll post it up tomorrow..and the other conservation Bobcat stamp pic too...and add some more to this thread as I find some more this evening!!

No comments: