Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mallards



I have some old pics of the Glacier Wall...and the Ledge Trail...it's often very pretty in the Fall and Spring...the Trees on the Ledge changing color...and too the Staircase Falls I've often taken pics of....but it's a bit difficult to drill down to them!...when I find one I'll post it up!....injuries were minor I heard...but it frightened a lot of people...though the locals seem to have taken it in stride!....the slide looks to have taken out a lot of the Trees on the Ledge...Mallards are from the other day...
After peddling over to Siberia to see what was up...that came down!...I got to the Village Store and parked the bike...I'd taken the Big Loop route...out to Swinging Bridge and then to Siberia...report of "big Hawk...not sure what kind" by Lower Falls was on my mind....took the Shuttle to Lower Falls and hopped off...walked out to the Deer House...lots of Robins...and Flickers too!....after crossing the Creek I happened on Mama Doe and Two Fawns in the Backyard...tried to get clips and pics....Flicker landed in the branches over my head....tried for clip and pic...three or four Blue Jays gathered together and making all manner of calls...tried for pics and clips!...I just wasn't doing very well!...part of the trouble I didn't have the big tripod along...took with the little one on the bike...but I dont carry it extended...and just thought to hand hold the 12x...didn't take the new camera either!...too preoccupied with the rocks...news trucks are at Last Chance...passed them on the walk home in the dark after work....generators churning...I guess they are expectant!...it could be a long wait!...sunny warming up and blue.




No comments: