Saturday, October 4, 2008

Pinecone Squirrel









Rained a bit during the night....clouds moving through during the walkabout...and some sprinkles...was taking clip of Sentinel...hoping to hear the rock falls ...and record the sound...but got Hawk instead!....dont know where Hawk was in the tree tops behind me...I was by the Twig..which is no more...broken off somehow...walked out to Lodgepole Point and Grey Squirrel was in the Ponderosa's branches with a Pine cone...clip and pics...I have some like these from last year...Grey Squirrel eats Pine cones like ears of corn!....Mama Doe came along...eating the Dogwood's leaves across the Creek...then One Fawn too....clip for sometime...I was under the Leaning Cedars...tripod splayed out....just watching them mostly...they'd moved almost up Azalea Bluff...and hearing a rustle behind...turned to see a group of like twelve tourists all strung out across Creek's End....watching the Deer...and me too I suppose!...bit disconcerting!...Valley was crowded today ....cool and refreshing after the warm days....clouds moving along the Rim among the Pines and Rock Outcrops...always a picture....I'd say!

No comments: