Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Deer House Bear




After Breakfast, moved the bookshelves about....took an hour and a half...sigh...but, I still had an hour before work...so geared up, and went out to Creek's End...bit crowded with rafters...but checked for hoo hooos....quiet...thought to go to the Swath and sit awhile...brought a bottle of water to drink, and this month's photog magazine to read...just before the Swath, found a shady spot, and listenedlistened...Phoebes, Robins, maybe Creepers behind in the Trees...and the Creek babbling of course...maybe a couple weeks before it breaks apart into pools....magazine has good piece on the dslrs with HD video...picked up, and was mulling this over, and glimpsed Bear on the opposite bank, headed for the Deer House...wasn't sure what camera to use, but chose the new camera, and did a continuous shoot...see clip!...glued stills together...lost sight of Bear behind the House, and went to the Swath, just a bit up Creek, and set up the 20x on the tripod....waitedwaited...and was suresure that Bear would come out from behind the House...wander down to the Creek...and take a cooling off bath...but no luck...time to pick up for work was pressing...but I paddled across the Creek...wet boots again...and made a circuit of the House...I dont know where Bear went...out into Bobcat Meadow, I suspect...but I had thought tourists thereabout would have deterred Bear....oh...this was a dissappointment!....Bear's tag is six...or nine...sunny hot blue....a breeze now and then...report of Bear, last Sunday, out at the little Creek (name?) in the Backpackers' Camp...by the Bridge...Bear walked about, crossing logs, scratching back, lolling in the water...for as long as 'fifteen minutes'...reporter reported...hmmph...I have one clip of Bear in the Creek...cooling off...and one clip of Baby Bear crossing Creek's End...Mama Bear close behind (this is one of those "if I stand my ground, what a great clip!" circumstances!...I moved backback)...and that's it...well, wait...Fir Bear crossing seen through the Trees...and that's it for Bear in the Creek....oh wait...in the Delta I have some...oh...what I want is another chance for Bear bathing in the Creek!!...the one I have is way back there before I had a tripod...in fact..it hurried along the purchase of the tripod...and good thing..as that's how I did Zeke's clip!....and that's how it goes....experience of circumstances suggests the equipment to have...and no doubt soon one of those DSLR HDs I'll be toting about!...someones having trouble outside closing their car door...or Bear's at work opening it!...Bear's about... plops in the Backyard..link to Bear Bath postup clip...there's more to this...Bear scratching at the collar..for sometime...
http://treeinthedoorvideo.blogspot.com/2008/09/bear-bath.html

No comments: