Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Killdeer







Got up and out early over to Two Top Pine Meadow...check for Hawks!...but quiet...quiet when I passed Owl Woods too...found a noisy hammering Flicker..pic and clip...for sometime...was sleepy, and the Hiker Bus was departing...thought, I can sleep on the Bus...and did!...a beautiful afternoon up in Tuolumne...lots of pics and clips of Marmots and Picket Pins...this beside the Dirt Road to Soda Springs....for sometime...sat a long while at 1915 Bridge....scenics and another Pin pic...walking back to the Store on the Use Path, I spotted the Killdeer...tough to get pics and clips because of distance...and wind!!...had both digi and 20x set up...new camera pic too!....when I reviewed the clip, I saw the little Bird scoot across in the foreground....put this portion up in slow motion...dont know what kind of Bird it is!...napped again on the Bus coming back..had some nachos at the Cabin, and curled up....went out at twilight, but Owl Woods still quiet...'cept for Hairy Woodpecker at Creek's End...and thereabout Violet Green Swallows...clips for sometime...and Mama Mallard with Ducklings...looks to be same bunch I saw in the Delta....they sailed by below Owl in one of the clips last evening...didn't see them until I reviewed the clip....when I'm filming with two cameras this happens....I capture things I dont know I have...some of the Marmot and Pin clips of today are really neat...not enough time to edit tonight...sunny blue and cool with a slight breeze..and that alpine feel to things up in the Meadows...mosquitoes not so bad....and mostly just the little Popcorn Flowers...the rest yet to blossom...Valley crowded, hot, and still a little smokey...could see the fires from Road on ride back..they looked tamed...no smoke at all in the Meadows...flowers are blossoming at White Wolf...no Bears...maybe just a glimpse of one at Crane Flat...report one I saw first Meadow Bus ride was in auto accident...drive safe.
Webpage of the Day (somewhere in this should be current Tuolumne chit chat...)

No comments: