Monday, July 20, 2009

Morning Deer




Paddled out early to Two Top Pine Meadow...hoping for Falcons...at Two Top Pine, I saw the Doe...think it's a Doe....out in the Grasses...started a clip..and heard Red Shoulder call...it's faint in the clip....stayed with the Doe, but when I left off, hurried over to the Scorched Pine Forest....hoping Hawk was about...but no luck...continued out to Rocky Point....and found a rock to sit on...which took some doing...as most of the rocks are fresh fallen sharp and pointy!...sat awhile....waitedwaited...listenedlistened...and one call from Falcon high up the Wall...but that was it!...so, disappointed, I made my way back along Rocky Slope...same route as last Monday...but Bobcat wasn't about...went to Breakfast....and afterwards, right across the Road, Mama Doe and Two showed up....pic and clip...went right back to Last Chance to show my distraught reporter from yesterday that Two Fawns were okay!...and then to the Cabin and sleep....woke up around one...got some nachos after a Shuttle to the Village....and mounted a major offensive on the dishevelment...moved the desk top computer from a dresser top to an art table top....put two dressers together in the middle of the...tinytiny...cabin...and they make a great work table for my drawing painting efforts...and this worked good to assemble one of the new bookshelves....and this all took a long while!...but got out for an evening walk...sat by the Merced with the last pink light gone from Half Dome...Aspen Grove on the opposite shore...and quiet....waitedwaited...listenedlistened....Buck went running...crashing...through the Grove...and crossed the River at Half Stump..dont know what spooked Buck....group of Mallards came by...and took flight....a second group came by..and glided by in the almost gone light...and I heard a heavy snort in the shore bushes....which made me pick up a bit spooked my own self!...and went to Ozone Beach where two fishermen in waders were happy to hear Trout leaping...and with hopes of catching one...sunny ridiculously hot blue....TV on while I worked cleaning and moving....and it had the neatest show...a Gibbon playing with Two Tiger Cubs...this on Nat Geo and from a French show called Wild Asia...I think....the critters inthemselves were very cool...but what was cooler, was the film maker's comments about all the critter clips going up on the WEB...on YouTub and the rest...lemesee if I can find this...brb.....here's one...search Google...gibbon tiger video....brings up a lot...but lemesee if I can find the film makers...
quote
Well..I can't lift a copy and paste here...but there's is site called The Gibbon Network....(all about Gibbons)...that has a thumbnail review of the clip, and others...French show was called Untamed Asia...and it was at a preserve....the creator of the series...who has done, and is doing, some ambitious efforts!!...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederic_Lepage
like to find the film makers...clips all over with no credit!...hmmph..needless to say there's a lot of stuff at Nat Geo..and ads...I have better Owls...hmmph...and I dont know where they've gone!

No comments: