Thursday, July 9, 2009

Marmot Road




Pic and clip from up in Tuolumne Tuesday..along Soda Springs Road...I think it was called....Shuttle pulled up after Breakfast, hopped on and over to the Post Office...thought to walk back, but return Shuttle pulled up, and hopped on...it's like that sometime...I just go where the 'wind' takes me....back at the Cabin, the entry door was papered over...masking...the painters were spray painting the neighborhood...I had the 20x along, so started out on a walkabout...at Creek's End discovered Hairy Woodpecker's Nest Hole Tree had been opened up by Bear overnight... like the Chapel Bridge Post!...contents gone of course..hmph...related this to friend at work, and they said, 'tragic'...and it is...it reminds me somehow of the old Greek tragedies....it just broke my heart!...Mama Woodpecker was up in Heron Pine, chattering away..disconsolate I'm sure...and I think it was Bear...no footprints or smashed down grasses...but there are what look like two small claw scratches on the Tree...for awhile suspected Owl...had my Sherlock Holmes hat on...but couldn't figure it out for certain...walked out the Channel..a slow walk, hoping to see Owls...didn't want to think about vandals...Woods all quiet...at Swinging Bridge, made a right out into Two Top Pine Meadow...flower pics along the way...stirred up a couple sunbathers out in the middle...the tall grasses fortunately concealing...back through Camp 4 and to the Cabin...a quiet walk, but pretty and scenic...sunny hot blue with a breeze that wouldn't be quiet long enough to take the flower pics!...Raccoon tonight at Last Chance...didn't see Raccoon my own self...saw tourists outside the windows watching....Coyote howling while uploading clip...a concern, as the Fawns are about...and at the beginning of the walk took clip and pic of pregnant Doe browsing in the Backyard...water in Two Top..at the Slough too..almost dried up...I haven't seen anything like the Mallard and Mergansers I saw last year...just the one Merganser with Meganserlings..and the Two Mallards with Ducklings...and just that one time!..I think one reason for this is the grasses grew up in what was open water last year...and that water was open from the control burn...and it attracted the water fowl...a conjecture!!

No comments: