Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sparrow: Feathers Fluffed




Paddled back to the Creek...and after a looksee at Creek's End...(quiet)....I sat in the shade again by the Swath....I'd seen Mama Mallard with tiny Ducklings on way out...and thought they'd show up...and be the subject for the new waterproof camera....I set the digi scope with the waterproof on the bracket...and waitedwaited....for almost an hour and a half!...I was content to just sit...it being way too hot to move about!...but the Creek was quiet....finally, Song Sparrow landed at water's edge right across from me...and I did get some clips...one posted...the waterproof works fine...somethings different...somethings the same...something I'll miss is the sound pickup...the microphone is inside the case..and sounds are muffled...a great feature of these little cameras is the stereo sound (not sure if the waterproof is stereo)...the case is a plus for aligning the lens with the scope's lens...when I zoom out I dont have that problem of the lens bumping the scope...and getting a lens error...the lens is inside a transparent cap...like a porthole..that keeps it dry...and acts as a lens hood....this is actually a phenomenally good set up for clips and pics in inclement weather...both the camera and the scope are waterproof....one problem I had today was switching from stills to clips/movie....on the 3x I just move the sliding switch...didn't take the manual with, so will have to study to see if there is a way to do it on the waterproof without going into a menu!...took a long distance clip of Grey Squirrel with mouth full of nest material, hopping about the Twin Fallen Cedars...bright light and long distance dont do well on the digi...and on the way back, happened on Buckeye in the Backyard Grasses....pic with the new camera...and pics and clips with the 3x, yet to download...the 3x lent itself to photographing Buckeye...and it's interesting how each camera I have, has some feature or other, that suits it to a circumstance over the other ones I have!...I miss using the 12xs with the teleconverter....there were times when popping off the converter, and putting it back on, lent itself to making the clip better...or helping with stills too...oh..this is hard to explain!...sunny hot blue...dont know where the Mallards went..bit of a puzzle...

No comments: