Friday, January 25, 2008

Bear Visit

Well...I'm still missing work with no walkabout...though this evening the prickly skin is going away it seems....what's helped may be getting hopping mad when the snow clearing crew piled a mountain of snow on the side of my cabin...snow thumping against the wall woke me up!...somewhat comical to see me in blue thermals, winter coat, and sock less boots, flapping my arms and jawing with the skip loader! trying to be heard...hazard of living next to the parking lot in paradise....Bear visited just before dawn...footprints right outside the door...left the same path as before...wish I could have got pic...pic of Squirrel taken on way back from Last Chance...with telephoto and flash...and it's in better focus than same without...which is something to know next time I'm framing Owl in the twilight...didn't think flash would influence at that distance but it does...and by a lot....wonderful snow scenes this morning but quickly "MacArthur Park" melted...lot's of critter tracks on bike path out front too...Coyote's mostly....but I think I saw Bobcat's...Bobcat report over at Huff...some left out from the frequent sightings finally saw Bobcat...it is a great charm and delight for city dwellers like myself to see a real wild animal in...well...sorta of a still wild place!...clear now but more snow coming.



No comments: