Saturday, January 5, 2008

Creek's End Hawk


Got an early start on the walk...went over to Lower Falls first...to make sure I could believe what I was hearing last night!...made the loop there and came out by Cook's.... and then back across the Upper Creek...which is so different!...to the Rooms and Last Chance for breakfast...using the umbrella and keeping the hood adapter on the 12x works...back at the Cabin I picked up the tripod and went down to the Merced...what can I call this area?...the Tourists' Beach I guess for now...and went along the Merced to Creek's End...there I framed and took three pics...first Lodgepole Point...then across to Half Dome through the trees...then Sentinel...when I took the middle one I thought...wait a minute..there's something there...and it was Hawk!...Zeke I believe...how often I've looked over the Merced through these trees of late at the sun setting on Half Dome wishing for Hawk or Owl to land in those trees!...got some nice clips...and pics too...though too far away for detail...thought to post a few of them...in fact the whole walkabout!...but this still from the video will do...saw Coyote at Lower Falls...and Doe and Fawn...the Chapel Minister shoveling snow from the Chapel steps...lots of postcard pics...another Coyote across the Merced going up Lodgepole Point...earlier at Creek's End the walk was detoured as...I cant get across the Creek!...one log block I tried to step on wobbles...and I gave it up...all the ponds now are joined...at that point I backtracked and went on the big loop over Swinging Bridge...hoped to see Coop....it was on that leg that I got the Chapel pic and the second Coyote...I was getting tired...and was grateful to finally sit on the picnic bench at the Deer House and rest...I was able to cross the Creek behind the Deer House by Duck Harbor...and I took a final clip of the Bridge from the Twin Fallen Trees...a long walk!...three and a half hours!....very few people about...the rain yesterday sent many down the hill...but it was wonderful today...and will be again tomorrow!
Oh...there's a little pond of slush and icy water under Owl Log now...hmmph...dont know where I'm gonna sit...and not being able to cross at Creek's End is going to make a lot of long walkabouts!!

No comments: