Friday, January 4, 2008

Rain Heron

It was raining this morning...and after breakfast I thought to just curl up back in bed...but I had an hour before getting ready for work...and I haven't missed a touch base at Owl Log since the snow fall...so off I went with umbrella and the 3x...at Owl Log I took a little clip...pan of Creek's end over to Sentinel...and I think Heron was standing right across the Merced...too grainy to see in clip...but when I put the camera away and started to leave Heron flew by and landed by the Carp Pool...the Carp seem content to spend the whole winter there!...so I paddled up Lodgepole Point...sighting Heron through the trees...hoping to get close...finally I had to flop on my stomach in the slushy snow...and got the best I could get with the 3x...this a crop from pic...I might have to get one of the small point and shoots that fit in waterproof cases!...camera was cold or something...things would stop working like the zoom!...but it got something inspight of being soaked...I started to pick up and walk away but one eye was blurry...and after some thought...I had been sighting through raindrops on the view finder and condensation on my glasses...realized I'd lost a lens from my glasses!....so I had to flop in the snow again..and luckily it was there....back at the Cabin the Deer were in the backyard right next to the Bus...it's been raining all day...and now slushy snow.

Oh!...FORGOT TO ADD...THE FALLS ARE BACK...I CAN HEAR THEM!

No comments: