Thursday, January 17, 2008

Upside Down


Went to the Post Office and picked up the Ray Harm print of a Cooper's Hawk I got from ebay, and too an enlargement I got of Coop, the one where Coop is crouching...they were too big to carry during a walkabout...so rode back to the Cabin...and then with what remaining time I had went to Owl Log and sat awhile..then crossed the Creek and went along the paths to Lower Falls Bus Stop...just before there I saw a lot Blue Jays in the grove of trees near the road...a kinda island of trees between the Deer House road and bike path...and set up and waited...could hear a Flicker nearby...but illusive as usual!...overhead Woodpeckers were about...and I got this pic....I can feel a change in things...like there's more winter and snow ahead...but the day was sunny and blue..still cold...and felt like renewal was in things...the way the birds were...just everything...report of Coyotes howling...another sound returned!...so cold the Creek seems to have gone down a bit!...water locking up as ice...there MUST be an underground river or something as more water is coming over the Falls than is streaming at Creek's end where I step over the Creek...it's kinda mysterious!!...I joked that there's a big bathtub drain at the base of Lower Falls!

No comments: