Friday, January 18, 2008

Coop a RedShouldered Hawk?


Well, it was brought to my attention that Coop is a Red Shouldered Hawk, and too the juvenile Hawk I've called a Red Tail is a Red Shouldered Hawk also. I double checked with some friends, and bought Peterson's Guide to Hawks to double check them, and then went online searching Buteo elegans to double check me!...and I found a pic of a Hawk that looks just like Coop and is called a Red Shouldered Hawk....now I'm not sure what Zeke is!...and I've thought about this all day!...went to the Post Office, and the Visitor Bookstore for the Hawk book...then walked back through Cook's and across the Creek behind the Deer House...saw just one Deer out in Cook's...tried to get a pic of a Grey Squirrel way high in the branches...but..I haven't even downloaded them...didn't give myself enough time...sleepy!...tomorrow I'll try again...sunny and blue but still very cold and lots of ice.

No comments: