Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Cedar Woodpeckers


Walked through the Creek to the Village...overdue book and late Xmas card....and came back over the Boardwalk through Cook's Meadow...and Hawk...again!...flew up from the Old Woodpecker Tree and perched in The Cedar...dropped the mail and tried to set up...but Hawk...Zeke...flew to the Giant Ponderosa by Chapel Bridge...I was under the Cedar and heard calling and wood pecking and got clip of these two White Headed Woodpeckers working in the lower branches of The Cedar....in looking at the clips tonight it's interesting what they do...they peel off bark and then go after something...a larva?....in those white areas...I gathered up the mail and picked up and went out to Owl Log...tied my shoes...and found what look to be Bobcat tracks...taking pic of these I looked up and saw Zeke in the leafless trees that frame Half Dome...flew off before I could get pic...took the Tiki Temple road back and got clip of Coyote....kinda cloudy...kinda cool...kinda blue too!....during break at work I saw through the windows the Young Redtail Hawk perch in a pine...Look!...clearly I've gone mad...as I got up out of my seat and went to the window to see better!....this Hawk has been showing up at the Rooms....some concern that it's not well like the one in the Summer....a small skunk reported at Last Chance...Bobcat seen at the Indian Village....I need to go back and look at that branch the Woodpeckers were on. Oh...the big bird of last evening is likely the Heron as Heron was reported by the Creek a couple days ago.

No comments: