Monday, January 28, 2008

Ducks


There were two Ducks at Creek's End when I finally got there...one morning effort was turned around and back to bed for a nap!...and they immediately flew off down to Half Stump....I sorta plodded along...even crossed over to Half Stump Island...in pursuit...this all on the cross country skis...made it over to Ozone Sands and my glasses were fogging up so was trying to fix this by putting on my sunglasses...which promptly fogged up too!...but I had caught up with the Ducks and got this one long distant pic...tried to get closer but they flew right off again...surprising they are so sensitive...usually the Ducks paddle about oblivious to my paddling!!...continued on out all the way to Swinging Bridge in the fading light...North Dome and Half Dome and completely snow covered Cloud's Rest turning pink....when I got back to Cabin my fiberfill coat was soaked...and my knit hat...I'm putting out a lot of moisture and the water reppellant hooded top just held it all in...was warm though....fiberfill is like that...even if wet and damp it will insulate...oh, was very happy to get out!...clearing a bit the next few days weather report says...it snowed heavy sometimes today....this storm hasn't put down as much snow as the first in the Valley...probably a lot more higher up...more rain though...a bird...sounds like a raptor of some sort..or maybe a Flicker!...was in the middle of the road attracting attention...but this a report as I was over at the Post Office. Postcard pics are Sentinel at Creek's End and the Snowcone at the base of Upper Falls...the latter makes a nice clip...I dont usually like telephoto postcard pics...but I like this one...the scale of the tree on the right sorta dawns on the viewer and makes them realize how big the Falls are and the Snowcone....kinda wish I had a few adventurer friends to go with to things like the Snowcone!...there were snowshoe tracks at Creek's End...and Cross Country tracks out in Sentinel Meadow (Leidig)...and very fresh...surprised I didn't happen on them!...dont know where the skiers were going so late...trail headed out to Three Brothers.





No comments: