Saturday, January 19, 2008

Two Blue Jays

I took the pic and clip over at the Grove beside the road to the Deer House...lot of the birds there...woodpeckers and jays today...went to Creek's end...then across...after guiding some snowshoers who were crossing...a rarity...as my tracks are about the only ones there!...and past the Carp in the Carp Pool...they never move!...and out along Cook's and to this Grove...where it's nice to sit in spite of being beside the road....Wild Thing re visited Last Chance...spent the evening snoozing right in the middle of things...right where I work in fact..tucked up under cabinetry...woke up and discovered the alluring food trail into the trap door cage...where a successful capture was made...and which I got to see and make a grainy video with the 3x...I'd post it but people and place are in it...I find it charming that this Spotted Skunk somehow found my 'spot'..where I often stand and work!...the capture was fortunate...they'll take Wild Thing far enough away for release and no more trouble will come...blue and sunny and still cold...lots of icy places on the Deer House road and path...like walking on an lumpy ice rink!...fun to see the Spotted Skunk!

No comments: