Thursday, January 10, 2008

Snow Duck


Saw this duck at Creek's End...didn't see it until it bobbed up out of the water after a dive!...it's feathers have the same coloration as the Duck of a couple days ago...but the head is entirely different...walked to Creek's End on the snowshoes....thought they would be better than just snow boots...and wanted to walk rather than ski so I could hold the tripod on my shoulder... like I do...but the shoes aren't much of an improvement in the soft deep snow...where they help is on slippery icy slopes...took clip of junco at The Great Turf...crossed the Creek out to Cook's..where I took the shoes off at the bike path!..and walked on back passed Lower Falls...Duck was all I really saw...cloudy.... the light dim making for 'noisy' pic...weather forecast says sunny days ahead...I like the snow...but the critters will be about more in fair weather.

No comments: